Saturday, June 21, 2008

Loving my Life!!




What a week! We just ended our week long vacation in Orange Beach. I was so blessed as a child to have great family vacations and I am thrilled that so far I have been able to do the same with my family. We stayed at the Pheonix VI this year. It was a great condo but it seemed like we hiked at least a mile to the beach and back everyday. John was such a good husband and Dad to lug back and forth our chairs, radio, cooler and everything else you need for a fun day at the beach :-)
We enjoyed the sun, the water, the sand, and tons of jellyfish! I have never seen so many in my life! We were all stung several times, but that did not keep Kylee and Payton out of the water. In fact, Payton got to where he was catching about ten jellyfish a day with his crabbing net (yes they were that bad!) and would bury them in the sand. And Kylee continued to boogie board with the occasional break to ice down a sting. I'm glad that they did not let it keep them from having fun. Now for Mollie and I , we decided to play it safe and enjoyed building our sand castles and making our sand soup (our secret recipe of sand and ocean water).
We also enjoyed our favorite restaurants like Sea-n-Suds, Lu Lu's, and The Original Oyster House. I'm sure I've gained at least 5 pounds! At night we played old family favorite games like Yahtzee and went crabbing on the beach. My parents came with us this year so the kids loved playing with Paw Paw and laughing at his jokes. Great memories!
We all loved getting to travel to the beautiful beaches and staying in a great condo, but it doesn't really matter where you go or where you stay. It's just important to get away from the rush of life and to remember who your kids really are and for them to get to do that same with Mom and Dad. My favorite moments this week where sitting back and watching my kids get along and seeing my whole family just LAUGH!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome update!!! I LOVE the picture of the sand mermaid...someone is very creative, Kylie maybe? We are going next week and I can't wait. You just gave me major beach fever! I can't believe your kids got stung by jellyfish and that didn't stop them, they are beach troopers! :-)

Lara said...

Great Pics!! I especially love the one of Kylee she is turning into such a beautiful young lady.(inside and out)

Rebecca said...

We always went to Orange Beach growing up as well. We stayed on the bay side though. It looks like y'all had a great time!!!

Leah said...

Sounds like a great trip! Your pictures are really good!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com