Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Atlanta trip...


John and I took the kids to Atlanta last week for one last fun trip before school starts. We only stayed for two days, so we had to pack a lot of fun into a short amount of time. We arrived in Atlanta Thursday afternoon and went straight to the Georgia Aquarium. This is what I was most looking forward to. The kids loved it , and we spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the world under the sea. We ended the day with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. YUM!
Friday morning we headed to White Water for the day. The kids and I had never been to a water park, so we were in for a treat. We were amazed with the amount of different slides there were. The bigger kids of course rode everything including the new Tornado ride. I volunteered to sit that one out with Mollie. I feel like I'm getting old! I remember being fearless as a teenager and making fun of my mom for sitting out and saying that she couldn't handle the big stuff anymore, and now my stomach turns just looking at some of the new rides. I did get up the courage to ride several slides and had a blast playing with the kids. As for my little Mollie, she strapped on her life jacket and hit the kiddie slides and would have jumped up there with Kylee and Payton if she could have. We had a blast and made a lot of good memories!
I enjoy these times that we can get away just the 5 of us, and l look forward to visiting Atlanta again soon. Maybe next time we will have a navigation system so that we don't get lost everywhere we go:-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie, your pictures look so good!! I love the family pic. You should get it in an 8x10 and frame it, everyone looks good and those are so rare!!

Leah said...

Sounds like a really fun trip! We keep saying we're gonna make that trip too, but we still haven't!!

M_S said...

Hi,

Those are nice pics. I am glad to learn you enjoyed Atlanta since I used to live there. Perhaps if you have more time you can visit Virginia Highlands.

http://pandorasstorm.blogspot.com/

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com