Friday, May 23, 2008

My sweet Payton

As we sat around the dinner table tonight after Kylee's game ,Payton said the sweetest thing. He said " Mom, I wish that we could always be together like this, I don't want any of us to get old and die, I want all of us to stay just like we are now". I love that boy! Sometimes we butt heads and I could just pinch his little head off, but Payton is by far my most sensitive child. I treasure the relationship we have. He is the only one of my children who likes to sit by me and cuddle, and begs every night for me to lay with him until he falls asleep. There something unique about the relationship between a mother and her son.





Sometimes I lose sight of the small things that really matter. I get caught up in the act of being a mother instead of the gift that it really is. Hearing those sweet words that Payton said tonight makes me realize that this is what it is all about. And on a lighter note I guess he does really love me! (sometimes I wonder) I love being a mom!

2 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweetheart he is! He will be a good husband and daddy one day. And I love Mollie's haircut! Emma tenses up at even the mention of getting a haircut, so I'm amazed that Mollie was so laid back! Maybe she can talk to Emma about it!

Leah said...

What a sweetie!!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com